From The Founder's Desk
Dear TDCF Family,
On behalf of everyone at The Dorcas Cancer Foundation, I’d like to wish you a happy New Year.
2020 was a rollercoaster; from the COVID-19 pandemic that shut down the world (and our office for months); to social crises sweeping across the country and the globe.
Through it all, we were able to support treatment funding for Eight (8) children directly and also held our Programs
- Look Again Campaign – designed to train healthcare professionals at the primary care level, who are the first point of contact with children, with simple and easy tools for early detection
- Basket of Love – providing nutritional support to families and also got to sharing love and gifts during the holiday season
- Children’s Play date – a day of fun with no hospitals, doctors, nurses etc. for children living with cancer which was done in partnership with LLuvia Health Organisation.
- Hands of Gold Support Group meeting – A forum where we give psychological support, counseling and medical advice to families dealing with cancer. The meeting is for children who are currently battling or have completed treatment for Childhood Cancer.
- Media awareness Campaigns – In 5 media stations across Lagos State (Top Radio 90.9, Radio One 103.5fmLagos Television, City 105.1 FM, Smooth 98.1FM)
I’m immensely proud of all that we achieved in what was a challenging year for our organization and the world.
We also congratulate our media Advocacy award winners and our 2020 Golden Heart Awardees for their unfailing support to Childhood Cancer.
But, rest assured, we won’t rest on our laurels in 2021. This year, our work will center around ensuring a good quality of life for those on and out of treatment ensuring that as many children as possible have access to cancer treatment.
As a result, the work we do for the children is more relevant than ever. We are grateful to the team members, donors, volunteers, supporters, our partners, those who encourage us, worked with us, visited the children, prayed and played with the kids; we really appreciate all the love shown.
As always, we’ll approach the challenges that 2021 brings with the same determination, focus, and willingness to innovate that has served us well in the past.
So, thank you; thank you everyone.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year, filled with success, happiness and good health.
dr. adedayo Joseph